Sunday 30 October 2011

Hola Amigos! It's Been a While

I can't believe we have been here over 2 months!  I think we are surprised with how smoothly things are going. Now that doesn't mean it hasn't come with it's difficulties but somehow we have survived and are "still in the game." That's the phrase our friend used on his son one day after arriving here when it didn't seem that his son was engaging in the new culture and language.  And some how "get in the game" keeps coming up in our family conversations, sometimes it is to me, sometimes to Sam and Beth and yes sometimes I get to say it to Andrew. Well I promise to be more regular then 2 months. My goal this week is to post some simple recipes for you that tend to make multiple appearances in our weekly meal plans.

 This is a picture of the woman in my Grammar class. All I can say is the Lord knew I needed this group of ladies to laugh with, to cry with, and to experience change with.
 This is a picture of where we get our produce for every saturday morning.  It is called the Ferria. All the merchants are the farmers who grow the food.
 One of the creatures that I have come to accept. Thankfully they are not mornally this size where we are.
There two girls represent two families that our ffamilies have connected with since arriving here. Andrew and I and the children have found great friends in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment