Thursday 24 May 2012

What a journey

Today I have been thinking about what an incredible opportunity we have had as a family to live here in Costa Rica! Yes we miss family tremendously. But God always seem to have the right person around at the right time. My porter to my x ray was telling me how he came here to Costa Rica 20 years ago. He wasn't thrilled with the prospect but they needed someone to run the hospital MRI equipment. So he came. You know what I saw in his eyes ,contentment and joy. He didn't need to tell me he was where his heart was I knew it, it was obvious. He asked me where I was going when my family was done learning Spanish, I told him Mexico City. We shared a smirk as if to say what a interesting place to read about in the news these days. A comment was made about pollution and the drug cartel. And then after a moment of silence we both spoke at the same time. He said something about being where your "called" to be is the best place for your family. I told him how there isn't a country on the planet where you could keep your family from danger in your own power. People get hit by buses all the time even in Canada I told him. And then a peace rested over my nerves and I was reminded how useless it is to worry about tomorrow when I control absolutely nothing about it, just my attitude today.
Oh please pray Sam has a good day at school and home. He came to visit me yesterday and was emotional and I could tell he needs some me and him time soon. I know he is just processing school, mom not being around and the whole gamma of things that are going through our 10 year olds heart and mind these says. I pray he had a better day today.

You to for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment