Friday 20 July 2012

Remember the logical decision that God knows what He's doing

You know I love these chapters in Job where everyone shuts up, and God gets a chance to remind them who He is. So often we make God out to be who we can understand, who we can blame. Or we come up with really organized theories that help explain what God is up to. But then eventually the confusion is to much, or the pain too unbearable and we buckle under it. We start taking polls of public opinion of what God might be doing and try and pick the conclusion we prefer. But after that we finally stop, sit, cease from speaking and then He speaks. I find myself wishing that the Lord would always speak these reminders to us in such a obvious manner. But then I stop talking long enough to realize that this is the point of these chapters in the book of Job. If we dwell on creation long enough God's voice is loud and clear. I know for sure if we are listening He has something to say. Now....to be quiet enough to listen that is often my challenge.

Job 40
7 "Dress for action like a man;
I will question you, and you make it known to me.
8 Will you even put me in the wrong?
Will you condemn me that you may be in the right?
9 Have you an arm like God,
and can you thunder with a voice like his?

Chapter 41
11 Who has first given to me, that I should repay him?
Whatever is under the whole heaven is mine.

Chapter 42
Then Job answered the LORD and said:
2 “I know that you can do all things,
and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
3 'Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.

Let's help each other remember that the Lord is for us not against us. He is for us! Although we can not always see the whole picture at time in our life.
His plans are to give us a hope and a future! Only sometime it may take walking through confusion, loss or pain first. For some reason these things help tune our ear towards the voice of God like nothing else can.

No comments:

Post a Comment